International Workshop for Young Maxillofacial Prosthetic Educators
This is a first workshop of biannual-based workshops. This workshop will take place March 5-8, 2019 at Tokyo Medical and Dental University (TMDU), Tokyo, Japan. It will be organized by the Department of Maxillofacial Prosthetics of TMDU and supported by an education grant funded by the Education and Research Foundation of the International College of Prosthodontists (ICP). This workshop is also sponsored by the International Journal of Maxillofacial Prosthetics (iJMP).
- Develop and improve the teaching and presentation skills of young maxillofacial prosthetic educators through intensive lectures and presentations that will be given by highly experienced educators in the field of maxillofacial prosthetics.
- Introduce up to date digital technologies that used in the education and research for maxillofacial prosthetics and discuss the benefits that can be used for teaching purposes.
- Develop and improve the clinical supervision of students for young educators through clinical observation and discussion of various maxillofacial defect cases and propose the effective prosthetic treatment for these cases.
- Develop and improve the research methodology for young maxillofacial prosthetic educators through review of various journal articles dealing maxillofacial prosthetics.
This is a 4-day workshop program that will be limited to 12 young maxillofacial prosthetic educators worldwide with a 60% of participation selection is given for educators from developing countries. Candidates should be early career academic staff attached to an educational institution that provides maxillofacial prosthetic education courses and clinical services for maxillofacial defect patients. Each candidate should submit an application form, a curriculum vitae (CV) and a letter of recommendation from his/her department head or school dean. Please be advised that English is the primary language of instruction in this workshop program. A high level of English proficiency, in reading, listening, speaking and writing contexts, is therefore required.
The following expenses will be supported by the workshop:
- Transportation to and from airport
- 5 nights shared accomodations
- Local transportation
- Lunch meals and coffee breaks during workshops
- (Airfare, high speed train, additional transportation, and additional meals are not included)
The YMPE Workshop has reached capacity and no more applications are being accepted at this time. Thank you again for your support!
The accepted educators will be contacted by email on December 15, 2018 regarding their acceptance to participate in the workshop. Please contact Dr. Mahmoud Elbashti on email@example.com for any questions or for more information.
The workshop registration is now open. Please email all required documents including the application form to Dr. Mahmoud Elbashtiat the Department of Maxillofacial Prosthetics of TMDU. Deadline is November 15, 2018 or when program is full. Apply early!