IJP/Karlsruhe Workshop for
Young Prosthodontic Educators (YPE)
Thanks to the generous contributions of ICP Members and Industry Sponsors, the ICP is proud to support the developing leadership in prosthodontics at the IJP/Karlsruhe Workshop for Young Prosthodontic Educators (YPE)
These unique Workshops are the result of the pro bono commitment of an international faculty of clinical educators selected from the IJP's editorial team. The workshops are organized by Professors George Zarb (Canada), Winfried Walther (Germany), John Hobkirk (United Kingdom) and Iven Klineberg (Australia), and seek to nurture younger clinical academics in their pursuit of scholarly leadership in the discipline.
The selection is limited to 36 new and past participants for free registration for the 4-day program. While Workshop Registration is free, all participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements and expenses. The ICP’s support for the Workshop also includes provision of limited and competitive assistance funding for participants from developing countries.
The seventh biennial IJP/Karlsruhe Workshop for Young Prosthodontic Educators (YPE) will take place October 7-10, 2018 at the Institute for Continuing Professional Development in Karlsruhe, Germany. This seventh European Workshop will once again be funded by Nobel Biocare, with additional support from the International College of Prosthodontists (ICP), the Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (AANZP), and Quintessence Publishing Company, Chicago, USA.
Please be advised that the 2018 YPE class is now full. Thank you for your applications!
Link to >> 2018 YPE Registration Form
- Preference is extended to ICP Members - Join today!
- New Candidates should be ‘early or mid-career, half-time or full-time clinical teachers, and preferably ICP Members.
- Each candidate's applications should include a concise one page CV and a letter of endorsement from their program/discipline Head or Faculty Dean
- All applications should be emailed directly to the IJP office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intended participants are urged to read the 2016 YPE Workshop editorial Report "On Developing Leadership in Clinical Scholarship" that appeared in the IJP March/April 2017 issue
What takes place at the YPE Workshop? Read all about it!
Sign in to your ICP Member page / icon Prosthodontic Education Workshop / IJP YPE 2015 Article
The ICP provides limited workshop support through competitive funding to assist attendance for participants from developing countries. Potential participants may provide confidential information about their funding limitations, confirmed by their Head of Department / Program Director, and submit their funding request to the ICP Administration office.
- A letter from your Head of Department / Program Director confirming that you hold an academic position.
- A motivation for funding assistance, and what you are prepared to pay for in out-of-pocket expenses.
- An estimate of your air fares (which will be in addition to the local costs of train fare and accommodation), in USDollars.
- Confirmation that you are a bona fide (dues are paid) member of the ICP.
Funding will be provided after the 2018 YPE event.
Location: Dental Academy for Continuing Professional Development