Oral Presentation Instructions
ICP members are encouraged to submit an abstract for Oral Presentation. We encourage our colleagues to submit their best one (1) oral abstract. No more than two (2) total abstracts per author will be allowed (one oral and one poster).
Oral Abstract Submission Date: May 31, 2017- CLOSED
Where & When to Submit Your Presentation... Oral presentation presenters must confirm method of presentation:
- use personal laptop OR
- provide USB PowerPoint presentations to the A/V tech table *one day prior to your presentation is preferred*
All oral abstracts relating to conference topics will be reviewed with the understanding that the provided presenter is a current ICP member and the abstract was submitted prior to the May 31, 2017 deadline.
All abstracts must be submitted via the conference web site (see Call for Papers).
Mailed, emailed or faxed abstracts will not be accepted. Presenters are solely responsible for submission and subsequent ICP receipt of their abstracts.
Selected oral presenters will be notified June 19, 2017.
Please keep your abstracts to 350 words or less. All selected oral abstracts will be published in our Conference Program Book.
Papers will be published as presented by author. Proof read and edit your paper!
Editing Your Abstract Paper:
If you wish to edit your abstract, please visit the Call for Papers link and click on Edit Submitted Abstract. Post your User Name and Password and edit your paper. All abstracts will be printed as published by the June 15, 2017 editing deadline.
Oral presenters are required to register, pay conference fees and will receive no compensation. All presentation authors must pay registration fees and confirm attendance prior to June 30, 2017. Failure to do so may result in your presentation being removed to accommodate other colleagues who have committed to attend.
- Oral abstract presentations are restricted to a ten (10) minute time allotment- 8 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for questions/turn-over time.
- Time allotments are limited and papers will be selected based on scientific content, submission date and available time.
- 16:10 ratio, please format accordingly (note- 16:9 will appear with a thin black line across top and bottom of slides)
- Screen size: 3.75 x 5.99 meters (approx. 12.3 x 19.7 feet)
- Conference Computer: PC and Mac will be available
- Supported Software: PowerPoint and Keynote
To ensure a smooth transition between presentations, please be informed of a newly adopted protocol: All presentations are to be pre-loaded onto the conference computers prior to each presentation and the options of using either Keynote or PowerPoint are provided.
- Name your PowerPoint file “Last_Firstname.ppt” (ex. Smith_Jane.ppt) so that we may easily distinguish between presentations.
- File names such as "ICP2017.ppt” or “Santiago.ppt” should not be used.
- Please submit your presentation to the AV desk on a flash drive no later than one hour before the start of each meeting to ensure enough time for review and test
Presenters are required to complete the following Disclosure Statement. The disclosure statement will be included on the Call for Papers abstract submission process.
The International College of Prosthodontists (ICP) requests that all speakers shall disclose any affiliation with and financial interest in a company or a product related to the subject matter of the presentation as a part of the Speaker’s Agreement. The intent of this policy is not to prevent a speaker with an affiliation or financial interest from making a presentation but any potential conflict must be identified openly so that the attendees have the full disclosure of the facts and may form their own judgments about the presentation. Disclosure information will be shared with the attendees to gain perspective on the educational merits of the presentation.